Sunday, October 16, 2016

Happy First Birthday Felicity!

One year old!
Just after midnight, a year ago today, labor started in earnest. I'd been having contractions for days, but things started moving. We arrived at the hospital at 5 am and after many similarities to my days-long labor with Wilder (including the same overdue gestation length to the day and even the same delivery room at the hospital), I reluctantly settled in for what I thought was going to be a very long delivery. A mere three hours later, Felicity was in my arms, and life changed again. I remember looking at her face in wonder thinking "I don't know you yet!" but I would.

Today, our sweet Felicity is a year old, and what a wonderful year we've had with her. She is a delight. She loves to explore her world, she is a stranger to none and she's completely content in a crowd. She's my little sidekick--we go all over the place together: photo shoots at horse barns when she was a non-bottle taking newborn, shopping, baby showers--she's so easygoing and fun. Felicity thinks her brother is the greatest, and now that she can stand up on her own, she tries to get into his toy trains and cars at every opportunity. He's still learning to be graceful... ;-) Felicity LOVES her daddy. Nobody can make her laugh like daddy. They are just two peas in a pod.

She crawls really quickly and loves to get into things. She can climb up one or two steps.  She loves to roll toy cars down the ramps, rock her baby doll and read books. She loves reading and you can often find her looking over a book on her own. She loves lights and lamps and loves turning the light switch on and off. She talks and talks in her own language. She's very communicative! She points at things she wants you to take her to. Felicity can say mama, dada, mimi, bye bye, ball, bubble and meow, among other things.

She sleeps through from 8 pm to 6 am usually, unless she's teething like last week, then she gets up at least once. She's doing better on two 90-minute naps per day. She eats pretty much anything you give her, and her favorite foods are meats: chicken, shrimp, meatballs, chicken sausage. She also loves strawberries and apples. And of course, cheerios. 

Felicity weighs 17.5 pounds, she's 30.5 inches tall and she has six teeth!

My heart was full with Wilder in our life. I love being a mama to my tender-hearted boy. But God really blessed us with Felicity. This little ray of sunshine is precious and she adds so much spunk to our family. We look forward to watching her grow every day! I'm off to get emotional about my baby stepping over the baby threshold! Here are some more photos from our shoot yesterday.











































2 comments: