|9 months old|
Wilder baby is 9 months old today. On September 8 he'll have been outside of me as long as he was inside. Crazy! Wilder baby is a pocket-size little boy these days. He's so much fun. We love seeing him learn about his world and hearing his baby babbling as he tells us about it. He's still snuggly and I'm grateful for those sweet times. I feel like his first birthday is just around the corner.
This month, Wilder:
- Weighs 16.14 lb and is 27.5 inches tall. He hasn't grown much since last month (and last month's numbers were our guesses) but the pediatrician says he's doing fine. He's just a little guy!
- He has four teeth--all on the bottom!
- He's slept through the night almost every night for the last three weeks. From bedtime to when it's time to get up! He'll wake up, readjust and go back to sleep without us needing to go check on him.
- Naptime however, is off. He's taking 1-2 naps a day--the third nap is gone. And the times vary.
- He's rolling all over the place and enjoying being on his tummy. He'll get up on all fours and rock back and forth--he's even crawled a step here and there. He's not officially crawling but he can go from sitting up to rolling to ten feet away in a short amount of time. This is so new--he was just recently unable to move from being seated!
- Wilder eats three meals a day these days. He loves fruit and green veggies the most. He pretty much ate his weight in brussels sprouts the other day!
- He's learned how to click and cluck his tongue, and he loves to do this all the time, especially when you do it to him!
- He plays with Pierre every day. The two are inseparable. Pierre is a saint and puts up with his clumsy petting and kicking all the time.
- Swimming is a new adventure for Wilder. He likes to kick his legs and splash when he's held in the pool, and he'll lay on his back or tummy in the baby pool.
- The tub is also so fun for Wilder. He splashes tidal waves with his hands and feet. I used to have to watch him like a hawk to make sure he didn't topple over. Now I have to watch him to make sure he doesn't face plant on purpose while chasing a toy!
Here are some more photos!