Our wee little babe is now a cheerful, energetic toddler. Wilder wakes up in the morning around 6:30 saying "Mama, Dada, Mimi, Papa, Pierre" and hums while he eats his toast, oatmeal and fruit. The two of us go for long walks right after breakfast (and some playtime) and then sometimes end up playing at the church playground, where he watches his trucks go down the slide. Yesterday he said "I did it!" Every time he dropped the truck. After our morning outside, we come inside for some ice water and a snack, and play all over the house with his various toys and read books. He usually eats a lunch of yogurt, cheese, fruit and sometimes a bit of leftovers from the night before. Soon after lunch he heads down for a 2-2.5 hour nap. After naptime, he's up and spends some time outside playing with bubbles, in the sandbox. with the water table or in the kiddie pool. And the rest of the time he'll read books, play inside or watch his current favorite: Bob the Builder. After dinner, he says "bath" and "down" and it's bath time (one of the highlights of his day). Next is bedtime routine and nighttime nursing before he points at his bed and goes to sleep around 7:30-8:00. He's so much fun to be around. He does assert his independence when he can, but he has such a sweet spirit too. It's a joy watching him observe his surroundings and try to figure things out. He says new words every day and has started to string phrases together.
This month, Wilder:
- Did not get weighed. He still wears 12 month pants that sag and need a belt, and 18 month old tops. Size 4, 4.5W shoes.
- He has 16 teeth and is teething again. He's not too fussy about it, but he keeps digging in his mouth with his fingers and ran a fever off and on the last week.
- His new thing with mobility is duck walking, like he's doing a squat while walking. Not sure why he does it, other than just because he can.
- Wilder keeps adding words and phrases every day--I've lost count. Today he started saying "cool" and he can nearly say watermelon. He loves his bubbles and recognizes bubbles in photos, in books and the bubble machine and bottles of bubbles.
- He still likes Bob the Builder but he's obsessed with Cars. I think it's connected to his love of all wheeled things: toy trucks, books about vehicles, real-live autos, etc.
- Wilder sleeps through the night most nights, and gets up around 6:30 am. He has one nap after lunch and goes to bed around 7:30-8:00. He has really gotten good at going to sleep!
- Not as into food pouches as even a week ago (thank goodness) but he loves fresh fruit, especially watermelon and peaches right now. His favorite protein is shrimp. He loves cheese and yogurt, oatmeal and toast with butter and jelly. He loves to dip his food in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- He still loves carrying around his sleep sack, and we have brought back his infant pillow, the Leachco Podster. He thinks of it as his recliner and loves to hang out in it to read books or watch his Cars.
- His favorite books right now are Little Critter and Goodnight Moon, as well as a book about Cars with buttons that have sound effects.
- He plays outside as much as he can, but it's tough with the heat. He is a champ though and we have to drag him inside to cool off.
- Still a snuggler, but he gets bigger every day!
Here are some photos from today's play time with bubbles! He's saying "BUBBLES!!!" the entire time, which is why he's making those faces. :-)
|This is mid "BUBBLES" but also tipping over. :-)|