Wednesday, May 27, 2015

20 weeks and gender reveal!




This pregnancy has gone by so fast! I'm just busy with life and following Wilder around as he's learning to be a toddler. I'm feeling really good. No real cravings, but I still have aversions to fish and chicken that has been frozen and thawed. No real cravings other than Dr. Pepper, which I try really hard not to partake of. Yesterday I really wanted a Frito Pie (something i haven't eaten in probably a decade) but I didn't end up getting one. I miss wine/cocktails and raw sushi the most.

Wilder and I have a great exercise routine going these days. After breakfast, we take the jogging stroller out for a long walk--sometimes an hour long! We go to the playground and he'll play and I'll do squats, lunges, pushups, etc. Wilder is even getting into squats and downward dog himself, and he enjoys the counting. We do this almost every weekday and take family walks on the weekend too. I am hoping to start prenatal yoga soon. Not sure where I'm at on fitness vs. last pregnancy, but I feel good and I like the activity level.


We found out the gender of Baby #2 May 7th. I thought it was going to be a boy, just because my symptoms were the same. But I was overjoyed to learn we are going to be welcoming a sweet little girl to our family this fall. We don't have the name pinned down yet, but we're close--we have two in mind.

I've jumped into planning the nursery and even picked up a few cute outfits! Some dear friends have shared hand-me downs that I can't wait to place in an armoire for her to wear in a few (!!) months. Here are my thoughts for the nursery. The theme is vintage Parisian chic... colors are taupe, blush and mint... and I haven't decided if I want to go with grey, gold or white as an accent. I'm having a hard time finding bedding and curtains in the color i was envisioning, so maybe I'm not on trend right now. :-)


Blush and gold?
Or blush and white?

Not this ornate, but this is the "feel" I like

This is an adult room, but I like the feel and the colors and textures.


So we're just trucking along with baby girl. She's been more active the last few days, which is so fun. I'm feeling really excited about what is to come, but we have a lot to do before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment