Well, yesterday was Wilder's due date. I crossed my fingers that he'd make his appearance on Tuesday-- 11.12.13, but little one has his own ideas. After our midwife appointment yesterday, it doesn't look like he's coming any time soon. Which is a bummer, but I know when he's ready, he'll be here. Since I turned in everything due till January and took maternity leave starting Nov 1, I've had an interesting few weeks. It's strange to not be able to plan anything, and yet have time to do stuff. So, here are some of the things I've been doing:
- Checked off everything on the "before baby" list on Workflowy
- Prepared some meals and froze them
- Tried all kinds of recipes (If you want to see them, check out my Instagram account).
- Learned to bake bread
- Cleaned and organized the house
- Walked three miles every day
- Gone to yoga, chiropractor and midwife appointments
- Read lots of books, including giant ones like Dr. Sears The Baby Book
- Read lots of magazines--I have a huge backlog!
- Decorated the house for Christmas
- Blogged for work
- Brainstormed story ideas for 2014 articles
- Had some dates with the husband
- Caught up on TV shows
So basically, Wilder can come any time now!! :-)