Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wilder, 2.5 years old!

2 and a half!
How is my little Wild man two-and-a-half years old already? Sometimes I look at him, and he's so small. He's a little bitty boy, especially standing next to his daddy. Other times, I can't believe how big he's gotten. I remember like it was yesterday when he was a newborn and infant. And sometimes, all those feelings happen consecutively, like today when we went outside to take some photos. Wilder is a talkative-yet-introspective kid. I know it sounds like an anomaly, but while he talks a LOT... he likes to observe first, especially in new situations. He pretty much narrates his life though, and I love it.

Here's some things he's said often lately.

Let's go _____. It's gonna be so much fun!
Let's do it!
That's fancy. Look how nice. (He said this about the UPS delivery truck  today. The other day he said it about the farmhouse where we were staying.)
Why hello, sister! What are you doing?
Just one more ______. (book, pouch, playing with something.... pretty much anything)
The kitty goes meow meow. Ellie goes woof woof.

He's explored watercolor paints and finger paints this month, to his delight. It surprises me how long it captures his attention, because crayons don't really hold much interest.

One of my favorite things to do with Wilder is read books together. It's such a special time. He loves to read and always wants to read more. I love those snuggles!

Wilder has started "helping" bathe his sister in the tub... by pouring tiny cups of water on her. She thinks it's great.

He's starting to get REAL particular about his clothes sometimes. Especially his shoes. I guess he comes by that naturally! Hence why he's wearing these tennis shoes in his photos today. He would NOT put on the navy blue Natives today. "Want the other ones!" And so it goes, with a 2-year-old.

Wilder will play with his trains for a very, very long time. I'm talking more than an hour sometimes. He's so careful and methodical with them most of the time. He gets a lot of enjoyment from seeing how he can connect them and push them around the track, up bridges and through tunnels.

I'm grateful for the cooler summer so far. Wilder is really big on running running running. Kicking the soccer ball and pushing his lawn mower/lion walker at top speed are his favorite outdoor activities at the moment, but really--anything Zach or Dean does with him outside is happiness for Wilder.

Wilder really notices when one of us leaves now. He will ask "Where did daddy go? he drove away?" and you have to tell him or he'll keep asking. He notices a lot of things.

We started reading from the Jesus Storybook Bible at the breakfast table a few weeks ago, and I thought it was too old for him because he always started talking before I finished a story. Within three breakfasts, he started asking to read the Bible at every meal. It's pretty chaotic, because Felicity always chimes in and he still talks a lot, but we usually get through a story or half a story at a meal. Hopefully it's helping to set a foundation!

Here are some photos from today. I also took a couple of Felicity--she's all squinty and making a funny face! And eating grass. :-)






LOVE this photo



racing!




I love his smiles for me












picking blueberries
And here are some of Felicity!





eating grass lol

CURLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment