|7 months old|
I'm posting this so late! I took these photos the day I got home from a work conference in SC--my first time to be away from Wilder--and we left less than 12 hours later for New Mexico. My computer forgot to make the trip! Anyhow, these were taken just before Wilder's 7 month birthday.
I feel like Wilder is starting to be a little boy. A teeny tiny one, but he's less and less a baby every day. He's still at the bump in a log stage though--you sit him down with some toys and a book and that's where he stays, until you pick him up or let him bounce up and down. He's such a cuddler and really happy. Even if he's not happy, he laughs quickly and is easily comforted most of the time. He's just a joy and every change in our life is worth it for the happiness he brings our family.
This month, Wilder:
- Weighs 15 lb 14 oz and is 26.5 inches long
- Sits by himself and can roll from back to front to back-- mostly just from front to back. He can also scoot around like a clock hand on his back.
- Says ay-yi-yi, mama, dada… but not connected to anything yet.
- Takes three naps most days on a pretty regular schedule and sleeps from 8 pm to 7 am with 1 or 2 snack breaks.
- Can clap a hand to his fist (learned to clap with both hands after his birthday). He likes giving high fives and smacking doors and walls with his hand.
- Has his first two teeth! The first one popped out while I was gone! The second tooth came out right on his 7 month birthday.
- Eats all kind of foods. His favorites are broccoli, asparagus, mangoes and apples. He has also started actually eating stuff--rather than just playing with it.
- Drinking water out of his own cup is his favorite part of the eating routine.
- Can pick up just about anything, even heavy board books and "read" them to himself.
- Stands up with assistance
- Laughs and mimics faces
- Makes a surprised face all the time. It's awesome.
- Loves sitting in grass and pulling it up to try to eat it.
- Thinks Pierre is his own personal cat, just for petting. Pierre signs up for the punishment and hangs out with Wilder whenever he's around.
- Loves taking selfies on mama's phone. Sorry, he's a child of this generation!
Here are some more photos!
|got mama's camera strap!|