|8 months old|
I can't believe my baby is 8 months old. It seems like only yesterday he was a newborn! He's gaining so many skills and learning so much all the time. I am fascinated watching him observe and digest his world. We spend a lot of time playing with toys, snuggling, talking about things while I wear him running errands or walking, reading books together, petting the cat, splashing in the baby pool, laughing with daddy and eating meals as a family. This is a really sweet time with Wilder. He's so alert and talkative, but he's not totally mobile and he can't say actual words. We are having so much fun with him. My heart swells and I love him more and more every day. He is a precious gift.
This month, Wilder:
- Weighs 16.5 lbs and is 27 inches long. These aren't totally accurate because he didn't have a pediatrician appointment so Zach and I took these measurements ourselves.
- Can roll all the way over multiple times in a row to get to a toy or the cat. He doesn't go anywhere fast, but he'll get there eventually.
- Really good at grabbing things. From pots and full water bottles to grains of quinoa and bits of peach, he's got great dexterity.
- He is learning sounds like Th, d-d-d, k-k-k…. saying things like Hi, Da-da, yeah… but not connected to anything yet. He'll also sing when you sing.
- gives high fives and sometimes kisses
- Takes 2-3 naps a day. He's starting to stay awake for longer in between (about 2-2.5 hours). He goes to bed at 8 and wakes up 1-2 times a night. Wakes up for good around 7 am.
- Still only has two teeth, but he's been teething again!
- can clap his hands, kick his legs and splash water with his hands and legs.
- Favorite foods right now are watermelon and broccoli, followed by peaches.
- still obsessed with drinking water out of his own cup
- he's started nursing really fast. after 5 minutes, he sits up and acts like he's going to climb out of my lap. Not sure where he's going because he can't crawl… but it's funny.
- Stands with assistance and sits up from lying down with a small amount of help.
- Loves catching bubbles outside
Has discovered talking on the phone and FaceTime and he loves it.
Here are some more photos!