Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mom's chair


My mom used to rock my brothers and I in this chair. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her sitting in her chair reading, petting her cat Frankie or resting. This was her favorite chair for many years. The last time I went to San Antonio (after we knew we were pregnant), we rearranged a bunch of furniture at my mom's house. There are two rocking chairs in the room. I sat down for a rest (moving furniture is hard work y'all!) and it was like a lightbulb went off, and tears actually came to my eyes. I'd been scouring the internet and stores for an upholstered chair for our bedroom, but I really wanted one that rocked. This is exactly what I wanted. Since there were two chairs, Zach suggested bringing it to our home. It was the best decision we could have made.


Every time I sit in this chair, I feel my mom with me. It's such a comfort to me. I look forward to rocking our baby here just like my mom did for me. It's my favorite piece of furniture in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment