Saturday, November 26, 2016

Wilder is 3!

3 years old

Wilder is 3 years old! I blinked my eyes and he went from a newborn to a tender hearted but tough little boy. Because of him, our lives are full of vehicles, trains planes and construction equipment. He loves playing chase around the house while he pushes any rolling apparatus (right now it's Felicity's stroller push walker or his shopping cart), reading, watching his shows and playing with his toys.

I just feel so blessed that Wilder is the son God gave us. It's such a joy to watch him grow and take in his world. I love hearing him talk about what he's doing, and it's been really neat watching him pursue his interests.

Wilder is such a sweetheart. I will never get tired of hearing him say "awww hi mama" when he sees me. He tells me "aww so cute" and I think it's how he says "I love you" right now. But he says "I love you" too. He makes my heart explode, this kid.

Earlier this week, with thanksgiving craziness, I needed to make the kids dinner, but Felicity was DONE playing on the floor. She wanted to be held. I asked Wilder to play with her - he was playing with a car toy that the Airbnb house had. He was really sweet and said "Look Felicity. This is a car ramp. And look! Here's the car. See how it goes up the ramp?" And just started explaining to her what he was doing. She stopped fussing and started listening. He's actually good at helping her calm down if she gets upset. He's learning to share with her, and it's surprising to me how kind he is to her. He laughs when she does something funny, and he seems to enjoy her crawling into his bed to play in the morning.

We had a rough couple of weeks with testing boundaries, but we seem to have worked through it for now. We'll see what the future holds!

This week we stayed in new braunfels for Thanksgiving. We stayed on a farm with a bunch of tractors, goats and a big dog. Wilder loved exploring and went on long walks down the gravel driveway every day, pushing his toy lawn mower.

Today wasWilder's birthday party and it was construction vehicle themed. He loved all the decor, and he had a great time with all the kids that came. It was so much fun watching him enjoy himself.

Here are some photos from this week on the farm!

























looking at the dog!




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment