Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Felicity 10 months


My baby girl is in the double digits! I'm in denial. Felicity still feels little, not almost a year old! Felicity is growing and changing so much. She's so close to crawling--she'll crawl a few steps and then army crawl or sit and turn. She can scootch pretty quickly, so I can't imagine how fast she will be when she can really crawl! She can sit up in bed--we lowered it a notch this week. She says "dada" a lot and a bunch of other baby sounds. It's been so fun to have this happy, sociable little love bug in our lives. She is such a blessing.

Felicity weighs somewhere between 16 and 17 pounds. I feel like she's getting so tall, but I don't know how tall she is, :-) She wears mostly 12 month old clothes, but she can fit in some 9 month old things. I got her some "big girl" pajamas today that are tops and bottoms because I'm tired of snaps! Her hair grows overnight, I'm sure of it. I've started to pull her bangs back in a little elastic on top of her head. And we're trying clips and such. Girl hair is a whole new world for me. :-)

Felicity babbles quite a bit. She's picked up a wubbanub pacifier habit and it is so funny. I think it helps with her teeth. Other favorite toys are baby dolls, Elmo and anything sparkly. She loves to read books (favorites are still Pride and Prejudice and Sophie's Busy Day, also Elmo Says); she can entertain herself for quite a while (especially when she can scootch over to something fun and get into a mess!). She loves playing with her big brother. She went out to the barn with the family last week and was interested in the horse and me riding. I would love it if she wanted to ride, but I mostly just want both kids exposed to horses so they know how to be safe around them.

She's getting better at naps - 1-2 naps a day, one sometimes around 10:30, and at least one is during Wilder's nap. But it's always shorter than his--usually about 90 minutes. She is teething up a storm so bedtime takes a really long time this past week and a half. She just wants to talk and talk... and then doesn't want to be put down even after she's dead asleep. And she's been waking up in the night and taking over an hour to go back to bed for the same reason. She technically has a new tooth up top, but it's still poking through. That makes three teeth! And another is almost here on top. Praying for a respite from the teething. She's not fussy during the day, just chewing away on her finger or sucking on her paci. It just really bothers her at night. Bless her heart. :-(

This past weekend we celebrated Felicity's baby dedication in our home. It was a sweet time gathering with friends from our home group and family, and it's such a blessing knowing Felicity will grow up with these godly influences in her life.

I can't tell y'all how much I am enjoying having both a boy and a girl. I've enjoyed all the things Wilder likes to do and talk about (planes, cars, construction vehicles, trains, etc) and we have such a good time. He is so precious and has such a tender heart.  But as Felicity gets a little older, I keep thinking of fun girl things we'll get to do, if she wants to do them. Tea parties, playing baby dolls, painting our nails, maybe riding horses, sharing books. It's all fanciful, because for all I know she could be uninterested in any of that. But I am just so loving both these children, and watching them grow up.

Here are some photos from Sunday!










This is the face that goes with her dinosaur cooing




















straight up from the nap bedhead!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment