Friday, October 11, 2013

35 weeks!

You know you're getting close when milk has a sell-by date on your due date! This is from THREE WEEKS ago. Yikes!
I just looked at my last post, and man that was a long time ago! Let's see if I can recap. :-)

Bump watch:





Baby Wilder has done some GROWING! It's crazy to see how much over the last few months. I definitely feel it some days, but I still feel really good. It's hard to get up in the morning... as in, physically challenging to untangle myself from pillows and pets and get upright. But I do have to share the greatest invention for pregnant women since nutella:

The Snoogle
Don't laugh--this thing is awesome. It's like 5 pillows in one, and it sets you up to sleep on the left side like you're supposed to. It's also impossible to move to any other side with--or get out of bed. But I sleep really well with it and i haven't had any trouble sleeping all night!



We took a babymoon back at 25 weeks with some of our friends. We went to a resort in Cabo San Lucas. It was WONDERFUL to get to relax, swim, sit on the beach and eat amazing food. We even got to snorkel!

We traveled a lot in August. After the trip to Mexico, we went to Oklahoma to visit my brother and his wife -- a "sibling weekend"


Zach and I also went to New Mexico and Colorado for two stories. We stopped at the CS Cattle Co. in Cimarron, NM, and spent the night in Red River. Then we headed up to Colorado for a Campdraft event in Kiowa. Lots o' driving, but we had a good time.





That trip wore me out--we drove more than 1,000 miles in less than a week, and we were outside all day every day for 5 days. But it was worth it!

Since then, we've had two showers from our sweet families. We have one more tomorrow, so I'll cover all of those together in another post. It's been such a blessing to be surrounded with supportive friends and family. As we count down to when Wilder makes his arrival, I'm just blown away by people's care and generosity.

We also went to the state fair with my brother Jonathan and Holly. We tried a smorgasbord of fried food-- and it was *mostly* all delicious. :-)


Fried Kind Ranch Chicken Casserole (YUM), Fried Cuban Roll (pretty good), Fried Spaghetti and Meatballs (gross) and Fried Nutella (good). Not pictured: Fried Red Velvet Cupcake (AMAZING)

My fave: Fried Autumn Pumpkin Pie

Please note--fried food is usually not in our normal diet. Can't handle it! But the State Fair is the exception. You HAVE to have fried food at the fair.

We also had some maternity photos taken at 32 weeks with the oh-so-talented Jena Miller.



















What else has been going on... I've been taking prenatal yoga, started prenatal chiropractic adjustments and we've been attending Birth Boot Camp - a natural childbirth class. I'm starting to feel more prepared and I think Zach is too... but I know we can never TOTALLY be prepared. :-)

Other things... I've been working on my freelance assignments a lot. I have a few more to turn in if I want to take November and December off, so the pressure is on.

We've also been doing a lot of improvements around the house. I'll write about that in another post. :-) But we've got just over a month to go before Wilder's due date! Crazy crazy.

Thanks for listening to my rambling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment